Make this 4-ingredient Cremora coffee creamer tart for dessert tonight! An easy recipe your children can help you with!
Fridge tarts are a popular dessert or pudding in South African households. Perhaps you will call it a pie or fridge cake? We love our Melktert and Guava Mousse Tart too! This Cremora(a coffee creamer in South Africa) fridge tart is another easy, but creamy tart for you to try out.
Gather your 4 ingredients and whip up this treat in 10 minutes! BUT, allow at least 2 hours for it to set well. Overnight in the fridge is even better.
There are a few variations of this coffee creamer fridge tart, which you will find in the recipe below. Feel free to print a copy and keep it in your recipe book.
You can decide on the type of biscuit to use as a crust, or leave it crust-less and serve it with ice cream. Below is the Chocolate Cremora coffee creamer fridge tart.
A quick and easy coffee creamer fridge tart to make with your kids’ help! Find the printable recipe below.
If you do try out this recipe, feel free to share photos in our Facebook group. And check out our Smul Recipes e-book.
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1/2 cup (125g) coffee creamer(Cremora or Coffee-mate)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) water
- 1 packet of biscuits(your choice, Nice or Tennis-type of biscuits or digestive works well)
- 1/4 cup(60g) melted butter
- Crush the biscuits and mix melted butter in to form a crust. (Keep a few crumbs to sprinkle on the top.)
- Mix the coffee creamer, condensed milk and lemon juice together until thick.
- Pour over the crust.
- Sprinkle crumbs on top if you wish.
- Allow it to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Chocolate: Use a chocolate-based biscuit(such as Romany Creams) for the crust and use grated plain chocolate or Flake as the topping.
- Pineapple: Add half a can of crushed pineapple to the filling.
- Lemon: add lemon zest as a topping.