Make this no-bake peppermint chocolate tart as a quick treat or dessert that your family and friends with a sweet tooth will certainly enjoy!
If you like peppermint chocolate, you will love this easy fridge tart! Be warned, it is quite a sweet tart and very addictive too! The best of all is that you only need a few ingredients to make this tart. (Find the free printable recipe at the end of this post.)
This recipe does not require cream. There is another recipe that substitutes the chocolate pudding for whipped cream to make it more creamy and less chocolatey. Why not try both ways and decide which one your family prefers. PS: Have you tried this Cremora Fridge Tart?
You will need:
- Peppermint chocolate of choice(Peppermint Crisp or Aero Mint work best)
- Biscuits(a plain-type biscuit)
- Chocolate pudding or mousse
- Caramel Treat or cooked condensed milk
First, if you are cooking your condensed milk(1 hour in the pressure cooker), do that first to give it time to cool down a bit before use. If you use caramel in a can(Caramel Treat), warm it up slightly.
Mix your chocolate pudding, but use half of the recommended milk. I used 1 cup instead of 2. This will help the tart to set.
Now, either grate or whizz three-quarters of your chocolate block and at it to the still warm caramel. TIP: place your chocolate block into the freezer(yes, the FREEZER), for a few hours before this step. It will prevent melting while grating.
Onto the layering of the tart. Start with a layer of biscuits, then a layer of pudding and then a layer of caramel. Pack another layer in the same order. Top it off with the remaining chocolate that you grated or whizzed.
Place the tart in the fridge to set for an hour.
And there you have a delicious peppermint chocolate tart, perfect for tea-time!
Peppermint Chocolate Tart
A delicious peppermint and chocolate plus caramel no-bake tart.
- 1 large block of peppermint chocolate(Peppermint Crisp or Aero Mint)
- 1 packet of biscuits(Tennis or Nice)
- 1 can of Caramel Treat or condensed milk(cooked)
- 1 packet of chocolate pudding or mousse
- milk(half of the required amount)
- Cook the condensed milk first. Let it cool down slightly. Grate or whizz three-quarters of the chocolate block and add it to the caramel.
- Mix the chocolate pudding with half of the required milk as per instructions on the packet.
- Layer your dish with the biscuits.
- Then add a layer of chocolate pudding.
- Add a layer of caramel.
- Repeat layers.
- Top it off with the remaining block of chocolate.
- Let it set in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
Wow i love it. The recipe without cream is finally here. I hope you enjoyed a lot after making it.
Nadia van Zyl says