Building blocks are great for learning! Not only do we use it for building, but for other fun learning activities like this super simple Lego dumping colour sorting activity!
I set up this activity under 5 minutes for the two 3-year-olds. They played for more than a half-hour with this setup, win!
For this activity you will need:
How to set it up:
Mix the Legos and let your child decide which colours he/she wants to look for first. Talk about the colours, size etc. to use this activity for language development too.
Let them look for the right colour blocks, add them to the truck(great for visual discrimination skills and fine motor skills too).
Drive the truck to the correct colour “bin” and dump! My boy loved the dumping part, and reversing the truck to the right place!
Super simple, but perfect for toddlers! Also check out this Shape Puzzles Busy Bag idea!
More fun Lego learning activities!
- LEGO Addition Mat for Greater Than/Less Than from Life Over C’s
- Duplo Lego Geoboard from Still Playing School
- Duplo Consonant Blends Activity from Learning 2 Walk
- Educational Playtime with Duplo – Sorting, Estimating and Building from Crafty Mama in ME
- LEGO DUPLO Sight Word Towers from Powerful Mothering
- Slippery Lego Duplo Fine Motor Practice from Best Toys 4 Toddlers
- Penguin Ice Cube Counting With LEGO from Preschool Powol Packets
- Word Building with LEGOS from Sugar Aunts
- Hands-on Science: Creating a Water Cycle Project using LEGO from Edventures with Kids
- Lego Tower Subtraction Race from The Kindergarten Connection
- Lego Heart Marble Maze from Lemon Lime Adventures
- Dumping Lego Colour Match Activity from Teach me Mommy
- Feed the Duplo Alien from Adventures of Adam
- How To Create A Duplo Block Painting from Raising Little Superheroes
- Letter Sequencing with Lego Duplo from School Time Snippets
- Lego ordering, days of the week from In The Playroom
- LEGO Math Ten Frame Games from Lalymom