I have this easy, but pretty cookie idea for you today: flower cookies! These cookies make great gifts too, think teacher appreciation or Mother’s Day gifts, sorted!
Make your favourite sugar cookie recipe(get the printable recipe card at the end of this post) and let the kids help too. I added a few drops of yellow food colouring to our batter to make the cookies a bit brighter.
The flower cookie cutouts were placed in the tartlet pans to help the petals form.
After these cookies baked and cooled down, I melted the chocolate in the microwave with the double container method(it is explained HERE) and added drops in the middle of the flower cookies. Then the sprinkles were added.
These flower cookies are really easy to make with kids. I left the decorated cookies in the fridge to let the chocolate harden a bit so it can be stacked without melting into each other.
Such an easy way to make flower cookies! You can even use your melted chocolate and attach a cake pop stick to make a flower bouquet with your cookies.
I am sure grandma is going to love her lower cookies gift!
- 5 cups Plain Flour
- 5 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 3 eggs
- 250g Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Nutmeg/Cinnamon
- Beat the eggs and sugar until creamy.
- Add the dry ingredients.
- Add the butter and mix well until it is a manageable dough.
- Roll out the dough, then use cookie cutters to make shapes.
- TIP: if you live in hot and humid weather, place the dough in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes before use.
- Bake cookies at 180'C for 25 minutes or until brown.
- Decorate as you wish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.