I just had to share this super easy, 3 ingredient yummy shortbread cookies recipe with you! It is not too late to make these if you are baking for the holidays! (Get the printable recipe card below.)
These cookies can be baked on a baking sheet and cut into fingers or bite sized blocks. We like dipping the fingers into tea;)
Or, you can use cookie cutters to make shapes. I used a circular cookie cutter for these round cookies to fit into the Can holders we gave as teachers gifts. PS- the printable wrappers are free, get it here.
I added red and green sprinkles for the Christmas theme just before the last roll-out so that the sprinkles keep its coloring. Change up the colors for any holiday theme, or dip the cookies in melted chocolate, yummy!
- 2 cups/500g all-purpose cake flour
- 1/2 cup/ 125g powdered/icing sugar
- 2 cups/500g butter(not margarine)
- Cream the butter and the sugar together well.
- Add the flour. Mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least an half hour before use, important if you are using cutters.
- Roll out, either on the baking sheet, or on the table if you are using cutters, sprinkle the sprinkles before the final roll.
- Bake the cookies in a pre-heated oven, 180'C/360'F for about 15 minutes. Do keep an eye on the cookies, it should not be overdone.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if you wish.
One can vary the color sprinkles or dip the cookies in melted chocolate for a variety of shortbread cookies.