Does one need a holiday to have an excuse to eat cookies? I guess not, but these cookies are perfect for Easter, right? And it is SO easy to decorate these Easter egg cookies, the kids can help too!
We made bone cookies and decorated it in this way at the beginning of the year for my son’s Paw Patrol Party. It is just a simple way to spruce up ordinary sugar cookies and it is yummy too!
- Any sugar cookie recipe(we used our favorite recipe, find the recipe card at the end of this post)
- White chocolate
You’ll need an egg shape cookie cutter and a roller. Roll out the dough and press the shapes. Bake the cookies until golden brown and let it cool down.
Melt the chocolate. I always use two containers, the bottom one is filled with water, the top one has the chocolate. This way the chocolate melts gradually and won’t burn. And once it is out of the microwave, it stays warm and does not harden that quickly.
Then simply dip part of the cookie into the chocolate, let it drip for a few seconds, and then dip in the sprinkles! It is such a fun process, but be warned, it does get messy if there is kids involved!
This will be a fun activity to do at an Easter get together, everyone can get involved in decorating their cookies and take some home as favors.
Easy, pretty and yummy Easter egg cookies!
- 5 cups Plain Flour
- 5 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 3 eggs
- 250g Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Nutmeg/Cinnamon
- Beat the eggs and sugar until creamy.
- Add the dry ingredients.
- Add the butter and mix well until it is a manageable dough.
- Roll out the dough, then use cookie cutters to make shapes.
- TIP: if you live in hot and humid weather, place the dough in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes before use.
- Bake cookies at 180'C for 25 minutes or until brown.
- Decorate as you wish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.