Do you have these plastic ball pit balls at your house? Almost everyone buys them for their babies and then don’t know what to do with it when they aren’t babies anymore! Here are more than 10 fun ways we have been playing with our plastic balls!
Here are some ideas on how the kids can play with it and learn while playing:
– We used the mini washing line (I set up a while ago for the doll clothes we washed), and pegged coloured paper to it. Used the papers as targets to throw the same colour balls at.
– She moved the balls from there with her cart, lazy or clever?
-We used the papers again to sort the balls, count them, talked about more, less, add etc.
-That led to jumping over the balls like a froggy
– We packed a sequence with the balls
– And some shapes
– This was cages in which she had to hide while I try to catch her (wish brother were older so he could do the catching!)
– She tried to get all the balls together with the hockey stick
– For pack away time we threw the ball into the crate from a distance , this is much more fun than just saying: “Let’s pack up”.
– We love to swim with the balls and jump with it on the trampoline too.
– I made a house from a cardboard box and my 1 year old posted balls through the windows, so fun!
How do your kids play with these balls? Do leave a comment, I’d love to hear from you!
Leave a Reply