We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
So Saturday lunch time came, and I realize there is no bread in the bin, or anything else we can have for lunch, so mom had to make a plan, and this recipe is great for these times, because it only calls for a few ingredients, ones you most probably have. It is really easy and quick! And quite tasty too!
Prep time: 10 minutes at the most
Bake time: 25-30 minutes
– 2 1/2 cups of flour (or use self raisng flour and leave the baking powder)
– 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
– 3 ml salt
– 25 ml oil
– an egg
– 1 cup milk
– 1 cup grated cheese (I used gouda, that’s what I had, but cheddar wiil be better)
– optional bacon/ham or viennas (we did not have any)
– Simply mix together until a firm dough, starting with the liquids, then dry ingredients, then cheese
– Use muffin pans or individual souffle cups, fill it 3/4 (those mini muffin pans will be great for kids lunch boxes)