The spool was painting white and the hole made a tiny bit bigger so the kids can get their hands in there. Then, I used contact paper to cut the barn and house shapes. I stuck those where I wanted it and then painted the rest green.
The barn and house were painted red after the initial green painting part. I used painters tape to try and keep the colours separate when painting the barn and house. I added some lines to the house to give it a “bricky” look. Oh and added the door.
I made fences using pegs and craft stick. Felt pieces(blue for water, dark brown for planting field, light brown for a mud puddle and grey pebbles/rocks) were loosely added so that the kids can play around with the setup.
This Did not take me very long to make, about two days(since you have to wait for the first layer of paint to dry) and it did not cost much either! I am sure our On the Farm Spool will definitely be used a lot!