Print these rainbow roads to use for fun learning. Here are more than 6 ways to use them at home or in class!
When I saw these rainbow lines I just had to print them out and think up ways to use them for learning! Now there are more than 6 ways I could think of, but perhaps you have your own ideas too? Let me know in our Facebook group!
Print out as many sheets as you wish, laminate and cut into strips and use!
How to use the printables:
- Simply trace the lines with a finger or marker to practice pre-writing skills.
2. Use the lines as actual roads for mini cards to drive on! If you have loads of strips you can make a long road by attaching it temporarily together with sticky tape at the back.
3. Learn the alphabet and sounds. Write the alphabet on the curves and let the child drive a car on the road, saying the sound as he passes it.
4. Numbers: write numbers on the curves and let the child say the numbers as he passes it.
5. Write words on the curves to work on segmenting and blending of sounds to form words.
6. Fine motor mat- use any small items(we used perler beads, but you can use mini pompoms, beads, buttons etc.) and place the correct color on the lines.
7. You can also use them as playdough mats. Roll the correct color playdough and place it on the lines. (not pictured)
8. Line them up. Cut the rainbow roads in different places and use them as a puzzle for a long road fitting the correct colors together.
9. Use for name recognition- write down names and do the same as with the words, trace the line and say the name as you go!(not pictured)
So many ideas to use these cheery rainbow roads in fun ways to learn! Get your copy on our FREEBIES page! (Access below)