One can have so much fun with foam number floor puzzles! We invented this hilarious family game over the weekend: number line game!
(Affiliate links included for your convenience)
We got our foam number floor puzzles out together with plastic balls. Then it was place in a number line. Here I wanted the kids to help place the number in order. They worked together(well, sister telling brother what to do and he obliged), placing the puzzles in a row. Lela walked the line while counting to see if it is correct.
Each one gets a turn to take a ball, BUT you are not allowed to use your hands, and drop it into a number called(by another player). So hands-free! I let the kids figure out all the ways one could carry a ball without using your hands. They were quite innovative(some cheating too)! Between the legs(like dropping and egg), under the chin, under the arm, with elbows(quite difficult), even inside your shirt!
And then mom and dad also had to join in(the basset wanted to play too), and what fun! The kids thought it hilarious mommy and daddy keeping the ball between the legs and walking like a penquin to go drop it!
We had a throwing competition too to see who can get the most balls into the numbers. Quite tricky because it kept bouncing out! Taking turns was also practiced and of course throwing skills!
More fun puzzle activities for you to check out:
- Shape Matching Puzzle Cards from Life Over C’s
- Stamping Shapes in Kinetic Sand from Still Playing School
- Rainbow My Name Puzzles from Powerful Mothering
- Brain Games for Kids: The ‘Puzzle’ puzzle from Edventures with Kids
- Hillarious Number Line Game (using foam number puzzles) from Teach Me Mommy
- Missing Number Puzzle from Adventures of Adam
- Simple Puzzle Sensory Bin from School Time Snippets
- Letter Recognition Sensory Bin from This Outnumbered Mama
- In-Hand Manipulation Letter Puzzle Activity from Sugar Aunts