Need a pretty cupcake without icing? Make these easy unicorn cupcakes with just a few colors of the same cake batter!!
My daughter wanted to bake something on a whim. We did not have a variety of ingredients in the house and she did not want to make “something plain”, so we turned something plain into something magical- unicorn cupcakes!
I must admit I was not in the mood for baking myself, so anything easy and quick was perfect. These unicorn cupcakes tick all those boxes. (Unfortunately, I did not plan on blogging about this, so I did not take any process pics.) Oh, and the cupcakes are so pretty and yummy, you don’t even need frosting!
I have used our Basic White Cake recipe(find the free printable recipe card below).
- Beat the eggs and the sugar together until fluffy.
- Add the flour and salt to form a batter.
- Boil the milk and oil in the microwave for a minute.
- Add the milk mixture to the batter.
- Add baking powder and essence.
- Divide the batter into three parts.
- Colour each part with the food colouring.
- Line your cupcake pans.
- Add the three colours to the pans. The order and quantity does not matter as long as there are a few scoops of each colour filling it up.
- You can swirl the batter a tiny bit with a stick before putting it into the oven.
- Bake for around 20 minutes in a 180’C oven.
- Optional: add some edible glitter to finish of the cupcakes after it baked in the place of frosting!
A super easy unicorn cupcake recipe to bake with the kids. Perfect for a party or whenever you(or your kids) feel like baking on a whim;)
Grab your copy of Smul Recipes ebook now!
Basic Moist White Cake
A basic, but moist, white cake recipe that is easy to bake and tastes delicious!
- 4 eggs
- 1 and a half cups of sugar
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of oil
- 2 cups of cake flour
- pinch of salt
- Optional: 1 teaspoon vanilla or caramel essence
Beat the eggs, add sugar little by little.
Add the flour and the salt.
Boil the oil and water in the microwave for 1 minute(this is what makes this cake moist).
Add this to other ingredients.
Add the baking powder and caramel/vanilla essence(optional).
Bake at 180’C for about 35-40 minutes or until baked through.
Leave a Reply