I’m putting this piece together specifically for homeschoolers or anyone needing an at home graduation – just for fun.
I was out for lunch with my mom and boys when I saw one of my kid’s friend’s graduation from Kindergarten to first grade picture. “He’s missing out,” I told my mom. I didn’t realise that it would make me emotional.
Now, don’t get me wrong; I don’t regret my decision to homeschool them but I forgot about these little things that are still a memory I have from school. So, like any homeschool mom, and got my “craft” on.
You will need:
- Black cardboard
- Ribbon or wool (optional)
What to do:
- Fold an A4 black cardboard in half and cut along the line.
- Measure your kids head and staple it together to form a circle.
- Take another A4 board and measure a square.
- Using your glue, stick the square on top of the round piece you made.
- Allow to dry.
- Add a ribbon or wool to the top to hang a little off the side
I got to working on a graduation certificate and “questionnaire” for him. We decided to only do it with our kindergartener, however, you can use it any way you like. Sign up at the end of this post for the “at home graduation” freebie which includes a black certificate and questionnaire.
How to complete the certificate:
- Write the grade they’re going to. Mine is going to grade
- Student’s name.
- Your “school’s” name.
- Your name, “designation” (I signed as “teacher mom”) and sign.
- Perhaps your partner’s name and sign.
Get as creative as you want for their graduation; have a party or keep it intimate. Play games or ask questions about their year. I think having an “at home graduation” will be quite memorable for any family!