This upcycled dollhouse project is almost finished! Today I’ll be sharing the outside, and then next week we’ll wrap it up with a few last touches to reveal the whole house at once.
The outside walls I painted to look like bricks using the block printing technique. I’ve used a piece of polystyrene, cut it to the width of the “wall”, cut the grooves, painted over the polystyrene and then pressed it to the wall.
And of course this called for shutter windows, with flowers too!
Here I’ve used corrugated craft board for the window frame, textured paper on the inside of the window with a lacy frill.
The “shutters” are craft sticks with match sticks across. The scrapbooking flowers were stuck on green tissue paper to give the effect of leaves.
The table top I sponge painted blue to give the effect of the sky and painted the sun around the mirror stand. (The mirror still needs a makeover)