I am by no means a food blogger or expert, but, if I find a recipe that is easy and can save time for moms, I’ll share it! That is exactly what this pour over pie crust recipe is!
4 ingredients and your favorite pie filling and you have a quick and yummy dinner! My mother uses this recipe often and hubby says he prefers it to roll out crust.
Prepare your pie filling the way you always do. I like using a soup with the meat as a filling so that it is not dry and doesn’t require additional gravy. Simply mix 125ml vegetable/olive oil, 125ml milk, 1 cup of flour, 1 egg plus salt if you prefer, together. The mixture should be runny. Pour over the pie filling and bake for 15-20 minutes or until brown at 180’C/350’F.
Yummy, quick and easy! This pour-over pie crust has been a lifesaver for having dinner on the table quickly. Plus, kids can also help with dinner prep, it is so easy. Enjoy!
Grab your copy of Smul Recipes ebook now!
- 125ml(half a cup) oil(vegetable or olive)
- 125ml(half a cup) milk
- 250ml(1 cup) flour(plain/all-purpose or cake flour works)
- 1 egg
- salt optional and to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together and pour over your pie filling.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned at 180'C/350'F.