Learn how to make this mouthwatering dessert. This no-bake strawberry cheesecake is delicious and nutritious as well. Plus, it is easy enough for the kids to help!
Are you one of those people who aren’t fond of baking? Maybe you’ve tried baking once but found it not much to your liking but you can’t say no to the requests or overtures of your loved ones, like your children who love cakes. Is it possible to prepare cake without baking?
Of course, it’s impossible if you want to have a red velvet cake. But — Yes! There are plenty of no-bake cakes that you can work on, like the no-bake strawberry cheesecake recipe that I am sharing below.
This no-bake cheesecake is perfect for moms and dads who have kids crazy about cakes. They don’t have to prod you to go to a nearby mall to buy a cake. By following this simple recipe, you can come up with a dessert that your little ones would love.
This strawberry cheesecake is also very simple. You can save a lot of time when you follow this recipe. Moreover, you don’t need an oven at all to be able to finish this recipe.
It’s also a recipe that you can do during special occasions like Valentine’s Day. And unlike other cakes, this one is quite nutritious because it makes use of fresh strawberries.
Health benefits of strawberries:
- Strawberries have long been enjoyed by mankind. The ancient Romans were known to serve it for their royalty. As a garden fruit, strawberries were first cultivated in the 18th century in France. There are also some records of strawberries being enjoyed in certain ancient South American civilizations.
- One doesn’t need to be a scholar to understand why strawberries are very popular. They’re very delicious. It is also very nutritious. It can promote good vision and proper brain function. It can also provide relief from arthritis and gout.
- Strawberries are packed with antioxidants like phenolic phytochemicals, ellagic acid, and flavonoids. These antioxidants can promote good eyesight. It is also high in potassium, which can help in maintaining ideal blood pressure levels.
- This popular fruit has high amounts of vitamin C. We all know this vitamin as being critical to treatment and prevention of coughs and colds.But Vitamin C does more than that. It stimulates white blood cell activity, which protects the body against toxins. It is also a potent antioxidant that can protect our bodies against diseases like cancer and heart ailments.Vitamin C, along with the other phytochemicals present in strawberries, work together to fight off premature aging of the brain and degeneration of the nervous system.
- Strawberries are widely used in foods like jams, ice creams, jellies, syrups, and confections.
No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake recipe
Now let’s go to the no-bake strawberry recipe. This one is so easy that you would only need 30 minutes to finish it.
The ingredients like graham crackers, heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, and sugar, among others, are also very easy to source. Of course, you will need fresh strawberries.
In shopping for fresh strawberries, keep in mind the following pointers:
● Look for berries that are bright red in color. You would know that the berries were not picked at peak ripeness when there’s some white around its stem or in the center of the fruit.
● Buy organic strawberries as these are more likely to taste better. And you won’t be taking in a lot of chemicals or pesticides.
● Buy when it’s season. In the US, the peak season is from April to June.
● Don’t base your choices on shape and size.
You will need the following ingredients for the crust:
● 30 pieces of Graham crackers
● Five tablespoons of melted butter
● Two tablespoons of sugar
For the filling, you should prepare the following:
● Two tablespoons of sugar
● 1 pound of strawberries
● 16 oz can of softened cream cheese
● 16 oz of heavy whipping cream
For the garnish, you will need to slice five strawberries and spare some whipped topping.
Step by step guide:
1. Crush the Graham crackers using a food processor, or roll with a rolling pin.
2. Add the butter and sugar. Press pulse to incorporate these ingredients with the Graham crackers.
3. Press the mixture into a baking pan. Refrigerate this for half an hour so that it will become firm.
4. Fold the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream.
5. Puree the fresh strawberries in the food processor, then fold the puree into the mixture until it becomes fully integrated.
6. Spread this evenly over the crust then freeze it for two hours.
7. Let it thaw for 30 minutes before you serve it.
8. Garnish the cheesecake with sliced strawberries. You can even add whipped topping if you want.
As you can see, making your own strawberry cheesecake is easy. You don’t need to be a baker to be able to pull it off. I am sure your partner and children will love this dessert!
What do you think of this recipe? Please share this on your Facebook or Twitter accounts. Let’s make other homemakers realize they don’t need to learn baking in order to serve mouthwatering cakes for their loved ones.
Grab your copy of Smul Recipes ebook now!
Thank you to Susan from Cook the Stone for this lovely recipe! I can’t wait to make it with my kids!