This sweet buns recipe, or “soetbroodjies” as we call it, is one of my favourite things to bake, because it is so easy and very yummy!
What you need:
Variations on this simple recipe:
- 1 kg Bread dough(store-bought or make your own)
- 250ml(1 cup) cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Roll balls of bread dough.
- Let it rise for 10 minutes in a low temp oven.
- Warm the cream and sugar in the microwave until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour 3/4 of this mixture over the bread and bake at 180'C for 25 minutes.
- Pour the remaining sauce over and bake another 5 minutes or until the buns are baked throughout.
Optional: add cinnamon sugar or a sweet cream cheese topping.
Make it savoury by adding sour cream and cheese.