What are you creating with Valentine’s Day in mind? Photo frames always go down well as gifts for parents or grandparents. Why not make a bead mosaic frame in a heart shape? It sure is LOVEly and quite fun to make too!
Bead mosaic is almost like regular mosaic but using tiny beads and glue in the place of tiles and grout. It is also safer to do with kids, but do beware that these tiny things can land up in ears and noses, not to mention all over the floor! Tip: do this craft on a table cloth to prevent beads from rolling all over the table.
What you need:
- Card board(I reused a cereal box)
- heart shape stencil(or stamp to trace around)
- tiny beads
- double sided tape
What to do:
- First cut the heart shape out of the card board.
- Then, cut the photo frame around the heart and an exact piece for the backside. I cut ours a bit oddly because I was inspired by the shape that was embossed on the card board.
- Start gluing the beads. I used two small heart beads for extra bling, but it is optional. Then start gluing from the inside out. Use your toothpick to push the beads into place if you want to be precise. If you are doing this project with kids, be prepared that it would not be so neatly, lol!
- Use a variety of colors and go with the shape. Add the last color to the rest of the frame. Make sure all spaces are filled and the beads are glued to the frame when you pick it up.
5. Add the photo to the backside card board and a few strips of double sided tape. This gives the photo frame a 3 dimensional look.
6. Add the beaded side on top of the photo.
7. Lastly, attach magnets to the back.
8. Remember to write the date of the photo taken at the back of the frame for keepsaking.
There you have a pretty bead mosaic photo frame you can use as a gift or keep to yourself(that is what I’m doing)!