Today I am sharing our newest batch of dough: beach themed microwave dough!
We are continuing our preschool theme ‘Under the Sea’, and I thought to make playdough that will fit the theme. So I tweaked our normal microwave recipe a bit to get this playdough that looks like real beach sand!
- 2 cups of cake flour
- 1 cup of Wheat Bran
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 3 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of cream of tarter
- 3 tablespoons of oil
Mixed all the ingredients in a microwavable dish.
Cover and microwave for 4 minutes and stir.
Microwave another 3 minutes and stir.
If it still has a wet texture, microwave for 1 minute at a time until it is the consistency of playdough. (The time you microwave will depend on the strength of your microwave)
Ready to play!
We added shells when we played. My (then) 21 month old liked to press the shells into the dough, while the 4-year-old hid the shells in the dough and I had to find it. This dough has a lovely texture but is moldable and squishy like normal playdough.
This week the students in my class will play with the dough in different ways and I am sure they are going to enjoy it just as much.
Why don’t you head over to my fellow bloggers to see how they “celebrate” playdough day:
- Edible Pumpkin Pie Play Dough from Coffee Cups and Crayons
- Fall Play Dough Fun from Craftulate
- Fine Motor Play Dough Activities from What Do We Do All Day?
- Gingerbread Play Dough from FSPDT
- Fall Play Dough Mats from This Reading Mama
- No Cool Natural Cinnamon Play Dough from Natural Beach Living
- Play Dough Activities All Year Long from Little Bins for Little Hands
- Celebrate Play Dough from Mama Smiles
- Fall Play Dough Mats from Life Over C’s
Georgina @ Craftulate says
Oh wow we’ve never made play dough in the microwave!
Amanda @artsy_momma says
I’ve never tried a themed playdough like this – I bet my little ones would love it 🙂
You really saved my skin with this inrifmatoon. Thanks!