Try this easy apricot jam cookies recipe if you want to bake delicious cookies with only 6 ingredients!
Baking cookies is a must for us on a regular basis, but although we do like our favourite “soetkoekies“, “crunchies” and custard cookies, I like to experiment with other recipes too. This is a new-to-us recipe and it calls for apricot jam. It is such an easy recipe too!
These cookies are the soft and chewy kind. It must be the fruity ingredient that causes it to be soft. The texture reminds me of these soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies, but the look is deceivingly similar to ginger cookies.
Since it is a dough that does not need to be chilled and also do not require rolling and pressing out shapes(and no icing requires either), it is really quick to bake.
Find below the FREE printable recipe card that you can print and keep for your recipe book!
- 4 cups of plain or cake flour
- 250g butter
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of apricot jam
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda(bicarb)
- 2 eggs
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Rub the butter with your fingers into the dry mixture.
- Whisk the eggs and add it in.
- Add the jam and mix well.
- Roll balls of dough and place them on a cookie baking sheet. Allow space for spreading while it bakes.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes in a 180'C oven until lightly brown.