Stamp a Story is a fun way to play around with stamps and work on creative writing!
This activity is part of my new book: Make Your Mark!
Make Your Mark, brings you 30+ projects that will help your child develop a love of writing, creative storytelling, self-confidence and compassion. Through play, art, language, and writing this book will help your child discover themself, and make their mark on the world. Make Your Mark will help you take the simple act of sharing stories and stretch it to help your child their confidence, compassion and caring.
How to get your copy of Make Your Mark:
Buy it worldwide for instant download!
This is an ebook, which means you will be sent a link that allows you to download a PDF containing the ebook and all the resources. You can save it to your computer or iPad* and then either read it on screen or print some/all of the pages, as you prefer.
What you’ll get in this book:
- Activities to get your child started with the important basics: to develop skills to literally make their mark, first with fingers, and later with pens, pencils and paint brushes.
- Fun ideas that will help your child develop their fine motor strength and dexterity. We have ideas for finger gyms, easel activities and first mark making activities with sticks, play dough and shaving foam.
- Inspiration for writing trays that encourage children to use all their senses to build skills.
- Great ideas to delight in imagination and storytelling that feels like – and is! – play time, not school work. Your child will develop their language, vocabulary and fluency through story mats, small worlds, comics, journals, role play, outdoor adventures, and art.
- Activities that support your child in understanding themself and others, through interviews, self-portraits, collaborative art, and collaborative projects.
- And finally we help your child see that everyone can make their mark on their community and the environment. We show you how to extend the idea of our self out into the world, and consider how we are part of a community. With accessible and achievable projects we’ll inspire your child to make their mark through environmental citizenship and acts of kindness.
Also included: six sets of printables for you to download, including pattern writing cards, a ‘my favourite things’ photo book, ‘all about me’ interview sheets, pretend play post office accessories, and comic book and gracious giving printables.