When my son was still a baby, about 2 and a half years ago, I made him a pull toy with different colours and textures ribbons. He loved pulling the ribbons again and again. This time I made a “rainbow cloud” fine motor toy, and he still loves pulling the rainbow strings!
What you need to make a rainbow cloud toy:
- Plastic holder like a pill holder,or small bottle of some sorts(we get cream in the one I used here)
- Rainbow colour string/ribbon(or just different colours)
- White felt/soft material
- Sharp object and long needle
- Glue/glue gun
- Use the sharp object to make holes in your bottle, both sides, making sure the holes are opposite each other.
- Cut your string about 15cm in length. Pull it through the holes, using a thick needle. This part is quite tricky the deeper you go down in the holder.
- Make knots at the ends of the strings.
- Glue the white fabric around the holder.
Keep it in the car for long drives or waiting times and it will keep your little entertained for a while!
Do check out this 99 + 100 Fine Motor Ideas Ebook for loads of fun fine motor activities!