Make a rainbow cloud fine motor toy for your little one to practice fine motor skills by pinching the knots and pulling the strings of this toy.
When my son was still a baby, about 2 and a half years ago, I made him a pull toy with different colors and textured ribbons. He loved pulling the ribbons again and again. This time I made a “rainbow cloud” fine motor toy, and he still loves pulling the rainbow strings!
This DIY toy is great for fine motor skill development, grasping the string with the pincher grip and pulling it out. Adding different colors and textures to the toy makes it sensory appealing too!
What you need to make a rainbow cloud toy:
- Plastic holder like a pill holder,or small bottle of some sorts(we get cream in the one I used here)
- Rainbow colour string/ribbon(or just different colours)
- White felt/soft material
- Sharp object and long needle
- Glue/glue gun
How to make this toy:
- Use the sharp object to make holes in your bottle, both sides, making sure the holes are opposite each other.
- Cut your string about 15cm in length. Pull it through the holes, using a thick needle. This part is quite tricky the deeper you go down in the holder.
- Make knots at the ends of the strings.
- Glue the white fabric around the holder.
There you have a fun fine motor toy(and you recycled too), perfect for your baby, toddler or preschooler!
Keep it in the car for long drives or waiting times and it will keep your little one entertained for a while!