In a month’s time, Elf on the Shelf will be visiting lots of houses around the world. Is your house one of those? Ours sure is! Here are 20 “night-before”, or easy, no-prep Elf on the Shelf ideas you can quickly throw together when the kids are in bed!
These ideas were done last year, using our DIY Elf like every other year. Have fun with your elf with these easy ideas!
1. Elf getting tangled up in yarn from French knitting/crochet project.
2. Elf spelling his name and also the kids’ names.
3. Camping out under the photo frames and building numbers(perhaps counting down to Christmas Day).
4. Finding underwear the perfect “hammock” to nap in…
5. Playing the piano(or any instrument you have).
6. Taking a ride on a cock ornament(or any ornament you have).
7. Having fun with a toilet paper roll and the stairs(no stairs, no problem, roll of the couch!).
8. Getting some exercise with an ornament as “gym ball”.
9. Just hanging from the chandelier(or any light fixture) using a slinky.
10. Finding a cosy spot to sleep- in the doll’s pram with a mini teddy and a hair band as an eye mask.
11. Taking selfies using Christmas frames the kids made.
12. Leaving a note, counting down the days and leaving a sweet too in a mini stocking.
13. In the wrestling arena with Hulk and Captain America. Go Elf!
14. Building LEGOs…
15. Playing the Dino came, but oh dear, he got stuck!
16. Chilling with Dory and Marlin in a “pool”(sink with blue water).
17. Listening to Christmas carols..
18. Building towers with Cheerios(or any cereal).
19. Hula hooping with glow-in-the-dark sticks after the kids had a glow-in-the-dark bath the previous night.
20. Invitation to bake cookies/muffins for teachers or a kindness project.
You do not need to overthink “elf on the shelf”. It is quite possible to make it fun with the least effort as seen in these photos. We will be having a different kind of Elf on the shelf this year, stay tuned for more details!