Practising sight words can really be a pain the neck, especially if you’ve got 3 busy boys that can’t (read: don’t want to) sit still for the time you need them to. “Bee”ngo sight word changes that.
While designing the “bee”ngo cards, I wanted to make it colorful, yet still easy to read and use. There is a separate printable per grade that you can download and print.
What are sight words?
Head on over to SightWords.com to find out more about what they are and why they’re important but basically:
“Sight Words are memorized so that a child can recognize commonly used or phonetically irregular words at a glance, without needing to go letter-by-letter.”
Go download the dolch flash cards for the required grade, print them and cut them out. I also suggest laminating everything for it to last longer. (Click on the grade below to take you directly to the PDF.)
– PreK Dolch Flash Cards
– Kindergarten Dolch Flash Cards
– 1st Grade Dolch Flash Cards
– 2nd Grade Dolch Flash Cards
– 3rd Grade DolchFlash Cards
**For less printing, you can rather print out the required grade list of dolch sight words and then read it to your child/ren.
How to play:
- Get your child/ren to choose a “bee”ngo card.
- Put your pile of matching flash cards in the middle.
- Either you can choose the card, read the word and they look for it covering it with a marker; or they choose it, try read it and match it.
- Player to get their card full of markers first, wins!
This “bee”ngo sight words game is so fun; and because you have 5 different levels you could include different ages, basically the whole family can enjoy it while the littlies learn.