These DIY colored sticks are so versatile, adding education and also fun to any home or classroom.
This colored sticks activity will work on your kids’ fine motor skills as well as problem solving in a fun way.
Why do we work on fine motor skills ? *
- It helps children perform crucial tasks like reaching, grasping, and moving objects.
- Through fine motor skill development, children learn to use tools like crayons, chalk, pencils, and scissors.
- Hand-eye coordination improves as fine motor skills improve.
- Fine motor skills help kids learn and develop handwriting and drawing skills.
- Children become more independent and understand how their bodies work.
- As children grow in their fine-motor skills, their self-esteem grows too.
Why do kids need to solve problems? **
“Problem solving skills are necessary to solve children’s own problems, which eventually will assist them to build self composure, as well as self esteem and self confidence. Problem solving skills assist children solve their own problems, big or small, with a sense of immense confidence.”
We’ve had hours of fun with this activity. My 5 & 6 year old understand it more than my 3 year old, but he enjoys it just as much. Let them build the shapes using the printable cards or make their own pictures with the sticks.
What you need:
- 24 Popsicle Sticks
- Shapes (optional)
Paint the popsicle sticks on one side, I used 6 colors. Use a toilet roll holder to stand them up to dry, then paint the other side. Wait for it to dry, and enjoy.
This is pretty versatile as the kids can build or play using their imaginations or you can add some shapes for them to build. We even played it just like dominoes. I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does.
Read the full articles here:
Leave a Reply