We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
With it being spring here in South Africa, I thought of these easy DIY bird feeders I saw on Pinterest to attract some more birds to our garden. It is always such a cheery sound to hear the birds sing and Lella loves to “feed” them. Baby is also getting interested now, sitting at the window and looking at them when there is some on the grass.
What you need:
– toilet paper rolls
– wooden sticks of some sort, we used kebab sticks (must be long enough to go through the toilet paper rolls)
– glue and rope
– garden bird seed
– Cover the tp roll with glue and roll in the seed (she used her fingers for this step,why not? #sensory)
– Then glue the stick inside
– Tie the rope so it can hang
– Wait patiently for the birdies to come
I am no expert on birds, no idea if it is actually the right seed for the type of birds that are around here, but we’ll see…
Was fun making it, though. I have another bird feeder idea that we will try at a later stage, will update this post then.
Be sure to check in soon for more fun ideas to do @ home!
Please visit our Facebook page and Pinterest boards!